The NIHR Bioresource is a panel of thousands of volunteers, both with and without health problems, who are willing to be approached to participate in research studies investigating the links between genes, the environment, health and disease. It is part of the NIHR, the nation’s largest funder of health and care research, that:
- Funds, supports and delivers high quality research that benefits the NHS, public health and social care
- Engages and involves patients, carers and the public in order to improve the reach, quality and impact of research
- Attracts, trains and supports the best researchers to tackle the complex health and care challenges of the future
- Invests in world-class infrastructure and a skilled delivery workforce to translate discoveries into improved treatments and services
- Partners with other public funders, charities and industry to maximise the value of research to patients and the economy
NIHR BioResource can support studies wishing to access data only. Forms go to a Data Access Committee, rather than waiting for the next Steering Committee, and so should be processed much more quickly. There is also an additional lightweight version of the form if you want to add new colleagues to an existing application.
• Download the data access request form
• Download the additional lightweight version of the form if you want to add new colleagues to an existing application.
• To see a list of approved Researchers and Institutions, please click here
Call: 0800 090 22 33
Follow: Twitter @NIHRBioResource